Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ma, I'm Going To Europe!


Readers, I have been accepted into a study abroad in Europe program at my school and will be departing for there on January 14, 2009. Yes THAT EUROPE!



I figure it's a big world and how many people ever really get to go on a once in a lifetime opportunity like this at such a young age with little responsibilities being left behind. Im going to be thrust into a land that our country's founders found a place of sin. I sure hope the Puritans were right! I need some debauchery in my life bad. I will be based in London in "Jolly Ol Eng-er-land" but will have an enormous amount of opportunities to travel(Amsterdam, I'm coming).
One of the things I wrote about in my "Why I Want To Go" essay was to reconnect with my ancestral roots. Yes, that is true though. It going to be interesting to see the various places my heritage resides and where I may be living had my past relatives not made the boat ride to the Stars N Stripes.
I really just can't quite imagine what it will be like over there. (Have they found the magic of pop-tarts yet?) I'm sure I will be crying and begging I was back home in the U.S. within a weeks worth but the good thing is it will be 3000 miles away. It will most definitely be a time of inner growth and the start of shaping the individual I will grow to become.
But anyway enough of the rah-rah.
Adios.
(I think thats spanish for burritos or something............)

No comments: